2015 GLOBAL ACADEMY CANCELED
The 2015 Global Academy has been canceled. Utah State University will be offering a 2015 ESL Program through the Intensive English Language Institute. Visit the IELI page here for details.
The Best Summer of Your Life!
Global Academy is simply one of the best ways to learn English and culture. While you are here you will meet people from other countries, enjoy local cultural visits, go on excursions, and learn English by talking about the world around you. It's an amazing experience!
This summer program consists of 4-week and 8-week sessions and includes academic English Language instruction and community interaction. The courses are taught by qualified graduate instructors.
A TOEFL or IELTS test score is not required but is preferred if available. Instructors will evaluate the student's English skills during the first days of the program and will divide them into classroom groups based on general proficiency (this is based upon the number of students participating in the program).
Diversity scholarships may be available to help you attend Global Academy. Please see below for more information.
*Space available is limited, applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
Cost and Dates for 2016 TBA
The cost of the Global Academy program is all-inclusive, meaning that from the moment you step off the airplane in Salt Lake City, you do not have to spend any of your own money to participate in the program.
Covered costs include:
- English language instruction
- Cultural activities
- Food allowance
- Special education seminars
During the program, students will be housed in shared apartment-style rooms on-campus. To see an example of USU housing, please click here to visit the USU Housing and Residence Life site.
Living on campus is a great way to meet people. Your neighbors will be from all over the world!
With all the green space on our campuses, there's plenty of room for you to relax in the sun or shade, do a little homework, play some sports, or just hang out with friends.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much money will I need during the program?
- You will not be required to spend any personal funds to participate in regularly scheduled program activities. If you would like to participate in extra excursions or purchase souvenirs, you will need to use your own money. The meal allowance stipend is sufficient for your living expenses during the program.
Can I use my current cell phone at USU?
- Most cell phones do not work outside the country they are purchased in, unless you have an international plan to allow it to do so. There are several service carriers available locally, as well as inexpensive pay-as-you-go phones available at local department stores.
Will I have health insurance coverage during the program?
- Yes. Insurance coverage will be provided to you at no extra charge for the duration of your program. If you do not leave the Unit
How can I learn more about the program?
- Please contact us if you have any questions! You can contact email@example.com.
As part of our commitment to promote diversity on our campus and within our programs, the Office of Global Engagement is pleased to offer Diversity Scholarships to students from underrepresented countries in the Global Academy program.
Applications for 2015 have closed because of the cancellation. If you have any questions, For more information about the Diversity Scholarship, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.