Complete the following application if you are applying for a summer or short-term study abroad program: summer faculty-led, semester break (fall break, spring break), or affiliate summer program. APPLY NOW.
Note: For students applying for Swiss Design Summer 2014, please go to the instructions and application here.
For all other programs, the following instructions/information applies:
Priority deadline for summer programs is February 1 for most programs. Check program flyer for specific dates and deadlines.
- 2.75 GPA
- Must have completed 1-year of university-level study
- Language requirements or other course prerequisites may apply. Please check with the Office of Study Abroad if you have questions
Students should also be aware a non-refundable application fee is due with their application. All application fees are non-refundable. Applications will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed until the application fee is paid.
- USU Students: $150
- Non-USU Students: $150
- Fall or Spring Break: $100
Students applying to any USU-sponsored summer or short-term program should be prepared to submit the following information as part of the online application. This includes affiliates.
- Names, phone numbers and email address for emergency contacts
- Names and email addresses for references
- A one-page personal statement. (minimum of 250 words)
- Health information (kept confidential)
- Agreement and acceptance of Student Rights and Responsibilities
- Signed Waiver of Liability (Please print the form and attach to your application)
- Complete the on-line application here
- For students participating in the summer programs to Chile, France, or Spain, please complete the housing application here.
Paying the application fee:
Print out the application fee payment form, and take to the Registrars' Office on the 2nd floor of the TSC. Once paid, please either scan and email a copy of the proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring it to room 118 in the Military Science building.