Complete the following application if you are applying for a summer or short-term study abroad program: summer faculty-led, semester break (fall break, spring break), or affiliate summer program. APPLY NOW.
Note: For students applying for Swiss Design Summer 2013, please go to the instructions and application here.
For all other programs, the following instructions/information applies:
Priority deadline for summer programs is February 1 for most programs. Check program flyer for specific dates and deadlines.
- 2.75 GPA
- Must have completed 1-year of university-level study
- Language requirements or other course prerequisites may apply. Please check with the Office of Study Abroad if you have questions
Students should also be aware a non-refundable application fee is due with their application. All application fees are non-refundable. Applications will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed until the application fee is paid.
- USU Students: $150
- Non-USU Students: $150
- Fall or Spring Break: $100
Students applying to any USU-sponsored summer or short-term program should be prepared to submit the following information as part of the online application. This includes affiliates.
- Names, phone numbers and email address for emergency contacts
- Names and email addresses for references
- A one-page personal statement. (minimum of 250 words)
- Health information (kept confidential)
- Agreement and acceptance of Student Rights and Responsibilities
- Signed Waiver of Liability (Please print the form and attach to your application)
- Complete the on-line application here
- For students participating in the summer programs to Chile, France or Spain, please complete the housing application here.
For students applying for Swiss Design Summer 2013 please read instructions and apply here.
Paying the application fee:
Print out the application fee payment form , and take to the Registars' Office on the 2nd floor of the TSC. Once paid, please either scan and email a copy of the proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring it to room 118 in the Military Science building.