Global Aggie Program
Share Your Culture and Make New Friends!
The Campus GAP (GAP = Global Aggie Program) was created to help enhance the educational experience at USU for all students by creating and facilitating opportunities and activities in which international students can connect with local students.
These activities serve a dual purpose; local students will be able to act as 'cultural ambassadors' and interact with international students and learn about them and their home country and culture. The international students will likewise learn about U.S. culture and be able to become better integrated into U.S. and campus life while forming lasting friendships and connections.
Who Can Be an International Partner?
- Any international student at USU who wants to improve his or her English speaking skills.
- Any international student at USU who wants to learn about American culture.
- International Student Application (pdf)
Who Can Volunteer to Be an American Partner?
- Any American student at USU who is interested in helping international students with English conversation and/or learning about American culture.
- Undergraduate student volunteers must have a minimum GPA of 3.0, graduate—a 3.5.
- American Student Application (pdf)
What Do International and American Partners Do?
- Meet with your partner at least once a week to practice your conversation skills—topics can be anything you both want to talk about or you may use the suggested topics below.
- Enjoy a social, cultural, or sport event with your American partner at least once a month.
- Communicate with program coordinator about how things are going at least twice a semester.
Suggested Topics for English Conversation
- Food and table manners
- Fashion and clothes
- Music and musical instruments
- Holidays and activities
- Educational system
- Political system
- National parks
- Recreational activities
- Travel experiences
- Other topics