Application Instructions for International Exchange Students
If you are applying to Utah State University (USU) from a USU partner institution:
Complete the USU Online Incoming Student Application (New Application Coming Soon)
If you are applying to USU through ISEP (International Student Exchange Programs), apply through ISEP and your home institution.The following should be uploaded to the online application:
Note: ISEP students contact your home institution and ISEP regarding the application and the DS-2019 document requirements.
- A copy of your sponsor's official bank statement on bank letterhead, showing a minimum of $6,000 in U.S. dollars per semester for exchange students. Your sponsor's name is the person who will provide your funding to attend USU. The sponsor's name needs to be printed in English.
- An Affidavit of Financial Support completed and signed by your sponsor. The sponsor’s name needs to be printed in English. If you are sponsoring yourself, enter "self" in the relation to applicant field.
- Passport copy
NOTE: It is not necessary to send hard copy original documents by mail for preparation of the DS-2019. Keep the original financial documentation, take it with you to your visa appointment in your home country, and bring it with you to enter the US.
The original DS-2019 document will be mailed to your home institution coordinator after it is prepared.
The following must be emailed by your home institution coordinator directly to USU Study Abroad at email@example.com:
- Official transcripts or certified true copies of the list of classes with grades from your school must be submitted, along with certified English translations of all documents.
- Proof of English language proficiency. Institutional TOEFL scores will not be accepted. For more information on accepted documents, click HERE.
- NOTE: Students without an official language proficiency score must take the USU Intensive English Language Institute (IELI) placement exam on arrival ($50 if registered before test date, $100 if registered onsite day of test.)
Online Application Deadlines
|Fall or Academic Year||March 15|