Global Engagement AmbassadorsThe primary role of a USU Global Engagement Ambassador is to cultivate and inspire a global community on the USU campus. Ambassadors will engage with interested American and international students in a variety of Global Engagement-sponsored events and activities to foster cross-cultural connections.
For 2019-2020 academic year, we will be recruiting four (4) to eight (8) ambassadors.
Support and promote Global Engagement-sponsored events and activities. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Give brief presentations in classrooms to promote study abroad
- Assist with planning and/or organizing an event or activity
- Recruit students to participate in Global Engagement events
- Facilitate student interaction/integration at an event or activity
- Encourage students to follow Global Engagement social media
- Share posts about Global Engagement events using Facebook live, Instagram videos, and Snapchat stories
- Demonstration of meaningful international global experience (such as: students with study abroad experience and/or international students)
- Demonstration of interest and enthusiasm towards helping others gain cross-cultural experience
- Full-time student in good standing, attending USU on the Logan campus
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- Be able to commit 25 hours PER SEMESTER for fall and spring semesters (preferably spread throughout the semester)
- Must be available 2 weeks before fall semester begins
- Skills in public speaking, marketing, leading groups, and/or club involvement
- Foreign language experience
- Scholarship: $500/year (distributed in $250 increments in Fall and Spring semesters)
- Develop leadership, networking, and communication skills
- Gain experience planning events and working in teams
- Enhance cross-cultural competency
Hiring Instructions and Timeline
We’re eager to find the best students and get started on this program as soon as possible.
Please fill out the online application, follow all instructions and observe the timeline below:
Deadline: Open until filled
First application review date: April 15
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include in the subject line:
"Global Engagement Ambassadors"