Schedule an Advising Appointment
Please note, advising appointments are for students who are currently admitted to USU. If you are an international student, not yet admitted, please email email@example.com. If you have applied, and paid the application fee, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Abby Butikofer on a study abroad trip in Europe.
Do you want to study abroad?
For general questions, email email@example.com.
Lauren Ambuehl, Peer Advisor
- Initial study abroad and exchange advising
- Armenia exchange advising
- Peer Advisor office hours to resume on Monday, January 11, 2021:
Mondays 10 am to 12 pm
Fridays 10 am to 12 pm
- Visit our Zoom meeting room during the peer advisor office hours to drop in for an advising session.
- Incoming exchange student advising
- Outgoing exchange student advising
- Faculty-led, direct and independent program advising
- Japan exchange advising
Gunbharpur Gill, Kanak Tenguria, and other USU international students enjoying a picnic.
Are you an International Student, Scholar, or Visitor (F or J visa)?
For general questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schedule your appointment with an immigration advisor. Be sure to submit the corresponding request in the ISSS Portal at least 48 hours before your appointment.
- F-1 Students whose last name begins with A, B, M – Y
- F-1 & J-1 Sponsored students on a financial guarantee
- USU Eastern - Price campus international students
- F-1 Students whose last name begins with C – L, Z
- J-1 Students
- J-1 Scholars
- New F-1 Graduate students
- Club Advising
Important Disclaimer: As an international student, the maintenance of your legal status is ultimately your responsibility. It is your responsibility to understand and follow the rules and regulations that govern your status and visa (e.g., 8 CFR § 214.2(f)). The Office of Global Engagement (“GE”) and International Student & Scholar Services provide support and information related to U.S. immigration laws and regulations related to F and J status at Utah State University but are not ultimately responsible for your status and visa. GE and ISSS staff are not attorneys and any information provided by GE and ISSS should not be construed as legal advice. Individuals are welcome to consult a qualified immigration attorney for specific legal advice, particularly in complicated cases.