Afton B. Tew International Student Scholarship
The Office of Global Engagement supports and advocates for international students and scholars visiting and studying at Utah State University, helping them to integrate with campus and the Cache Valley community. The Afton B. Tew International Student Scholarship has been established in commemoration of the service and dedication Afton provided international students and their families on the USU campus for more than two decades.
She worked as the program coordinator for international students and then served as director, starting many programs and activities that are still in existence, including the International Banquet, International Wives Club and International Family Night.
Her legacy inspires students and scholars from around the globe. This scholarship allows her advocacy and belief in international education to continue and touch the lives of new incoming freshman and transfer students.
The Afton B. Tew Scholarship is awarded to new, international freshmen or transfer students. Eligibility includes scholastic achievement, demonstration of leadership/involvement, and articulation of academic and longer term goals.
- New international freshman or transfer student
- Academic achievement
- Attending USU Logan campus
- Demonstrates leadership and involvement
- This scholarship will provide $1,000.00 of non-resident international tuition toward an undergraduate degree for one year (two semesters, Fall 2017 and Spring 2018) when enrolled in 12 to 18 credits per semester. This scholarship will be renewed annually for a total of four years (eight academic semesters) when you maintain a minimum USU cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.30 on a 4.00 scale.
- Application opens January 1
- To apply, register at https://usu.awardspring.com/Account/Register, then sign in at https://usu.awardspring.com/SignIn and complete your application.
- Application deadline March 1