Skip to main content

Current Scholars

Visiting scholars currently at USU

Manage your program information and submit requests to Global Engagement on the International Scholar Portal. You can also contact us at

Information and Forms for Exchange Visitors

Explanation of the 212(e), Two-Year Home Residence Requirement
Important Documentation for J-1 Visa Holders
DS-2019 SEVIS Transfer-In Verification Form
J-1 Insurance Requirements

Visiting Scholar Extension

A faculty member must initiate the Exchange Visitor Extension Request in ServiceNow and upload a letter using the Letter of Extension template. The faculty member is responsible to provide the letter to the visiting scholar. 
Visiting Scholar Flowchart

J-1 Re-Entry Form
J-1 Roles & Responsibilities
J-2 Work Permission
Visiting Scholars USU Access Form

Visiting Scholar Transfer-Out

Visiting scholars submit a request to transfer their program to another institution through the Exchange Visitor Transfer-Out Request Form.

  • You will need to upload a copy of the letter of invitation/ appointment from the new institution, and provide the new program sponsor number and sponsor representative contact information.
  • The faculty host at USU will receive notification to review the request before Global Engagement evaluates the request.
Current Scholars

Exchange Visitor Program (EVP) Emergency Hotline: 1-866-283-9090
This is a 24/7 toll-free telephone number which allows exchange visitors to directly contact the U.S. Department of State in emergency and urgent situations. Exchange visitors also need to follow up with the Office of Global Engagement as soon as possible.