Skip to main content

Visiting International Scholars

Visiting ScholarsJ-1 Exchange Visitors Program

International visitors to Utah State University who will be engaged in consultation, observation, research, training or demonstration of special skills should participate in the US Department of State Exchange Visitor Program and be present on a J-1 visa. We are the primary administrative unit on campus providing services to participants of the J-1 Exchange Visitors Program.

For assistance with the visiting scholar process, please email If you would like to make an appointment with our immigration advisors, please call 435-797-1124 or email